Sunday, July 21, 2013

Nostalgia (Week 4)

People usually miss the good-old days. They refer to the good-old days like the vanishing sparkles of the fireworks. Indeed, I miss my carefree childhood: The days when boys chase girls on the hallways without suspicions, the days when boys sit with the girls on the same chair closely, the days when boys and girls play truth or dare, and the days when boys and girls embrace and cry together for the loss of . Since when did we start recognize our gender identities specifically? There is an insubstantial thread sliding between girls and boys, yet it unravels when we start to recognize our gender identities. The bond breaks and we can merely lament the past. I always wonder whether there can be friendship between girls and boys. It's hard to form a steadfast bond if people always make remarks on a friendship. I learn to not wear my heart on my sleeve for everyone to see throughout the years. There are always some secrets which are better left as a burden in the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment